Madras Beef Curry
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1h30min hours or until meat is tender
You Will Need:
800g Chuck Steak, blade Steak or similar
Trimmed and cut into 2cm cubes.
(Cubed meat is available for in-store purchases only)
1 tbs Vegetable Oil or Ghee
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp Grated Ginger
2-3 tbs Cartrights Hot Curry Powder
2-3 tbs White Vinegar
¼ cup Tomato Paste
1 cup Beef Stock
1. Add vinegar to Cartrights Hot Curry Powder, (you can use Cartrights Mild if you prefer)
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan: add onion, ginger and garlic, and cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until onion is golden
3. Add Curry paste and stir for 1 minute or until fragrant
4. Stir in meat and cook until browned all over
5. Add tomato paste and stock. (Stock should cover meat)
6. Reduce heat and simmer covered for approximately one hour, stirring occasionally.
7. Cook until meat is tender.